Equine Law | Attorney Lawyer
Matters of equine law – specifically the Ohio statutes pertaining to transactions and liability associated with horses, ponies, mules, donkeys, hinny, zebra and alpaca – are complex, and failing to properly adhere to them can result in costly, stressful lawsuits. From having the proper liability insurance to negotiating and drafting legal contracts for the purchase or sale of a horse, having the skilled Ohio equine lawyers of Wright & Schulte LLC representing your rights is key to ensuring your equine matters are handled properly and with the utmost care. Our extensive knowledge of Ohio equine law, coupled with our dedication to offering each of our clients the personalized attention they need, results in proficient, effective and advantageous legal solutions to any equine matter that you may be facing.
Ohio Equine Law Practice
From equine professionals and veterinarians to sponsors, businesses and individual horse owners, our Ohio equine law attorneys have a wide range of experience representing all types of parties and have a proven track record of successfully overseeing matters associated with:
- Negotiating, drafting and reviewing breeding contracts, boarding agreements, commission agreements and bill of sale contracts
- Determining when a breach of contract has occurred and taking the necessary legal action to rectify the situation
- Assessing matters of equine employment and quarantine issues
- Managing insurance company disputes regarding equine liability coverage
- Importing or exporting equine
- Overseeing issues associated with racetracks, jockeys and professional riders (including labor disputes, drug violations and steward disputes)
- Overseeing equine-related tax issues
- Overseeing zoning issues, necessary permitting and construction of polo or equestrian facilities
- Litigating veterinary malpractice lawsuits.
By working with the experienced Ohio equine attorneys at Wright & Schulte LLC, you can avoid making some common mistakes that could leave you paying hefty fines, fighting drawn-out legal battles or even losing your precious horses. Some of the common missteps that people make when they deal with matters of equine law without the guidance of one of our legal professionals include (but are not limited to):
- Relying on form contracts that may have language or terms that are not legally binding
- Failing to draft a formal contract for transactions (i.e., making a deal through a hand shake)
- Failing to promptly notify insurance carriers when your horse requires any type of treatment
- Buying a horse before having it thorough checked by a veterinarian
- Waiting until a dispute has arisen to contact an Ohio equine law attorney.
Ohio Equine Law Legal Help and Solutions
Whether you are an individual who owns or intends to buy a horse or you have an equine-related business, the Ohio equine law attorneys at Wright & Schulte LLC encourage you to meet with us at no initial cost or obligation for a thorough assessment of your situation. By working with us, you can avoid future pitfalls, headaches and legal dilemmas, as our skilled Ohio equine lawyers can guide you through complex matters of equine law to ensure that your rights and interests are fully protected. Call today for a FREE consultation and receive experienced advice from an Ohio equine lawyer at Wright & Schulte LLC. Please fill out the online form at the right-hand side of this page or call us at (937) 435-9999.